Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snakes on the mother fucking brain


I won’t say that I am scared of snake’s per say but that I am afraid of snakes.

I aesthetically love snakes, I like the feel of the skin, I love their sinew form, and I love the diversity of the species. But I know. I JUST KNOW that snakes DON’T like me.

When I was a kid I used catch snakes with my friends and keep them in an old aquarium in my garage. Well one night the temperature dropped dramatically .Not knowing the proper procedure for keeping amphibians, the next morning I found myself the owner of a disturbing tangled ball of frozen solid snakes.

My heart dropped. AND I KNEW I was going to hell in that moment. Though I know NOW I am definitely on the snake shit list.

Because didn’t know then which I sadly know now is that perhaps those poor snakes would have had a chance had I not let the neighbor boys know what I found.

Because as I have been informed as an adult is that snakes in winter can hibernate and reanimate when it gets warmer.

But there is probably little chance of that happening after a group of young boys keep them in a freezer and take them out from time to time to p-lay catch , ding dong ditch and god knows what else with them.

Yes I truly believe that I got it coming to me and if snakes have a shit list I am for sure on it.

No comments: